Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Traffic sucks

Today was the first time since I moved out this way three months ago that I experienced really bad traffic. I was on my way in to work and the road was closed, traffic was turning around. Now where I live, there is one road with 3 ways out of this area. So, I couldn't go west, I could only go east. Made the 2nd attempt to get to work and traffic is just stopped, barely inching. Great, I'm gonna run out of gas. So I had to flip a u-turn to go back to the gas station as there are no other gas stations on the way to work and I probably would have ran out of gas if I stayed there. Filled up on gas and headed further east to the 3rd way out. I made it through that way with no problems. I only had to drive an extra 10-15 miles to get to work and got there an hour after I usually get there, but then again, what does it matter, I'm not getting paid.

Yesterday one of my Army buddies gave me a late birthday present. 3 bottles of Modelo Especial, which is cerveza...beer. He also gave me a bottle of Anejo Tequila. Well, I got home and had the three beers. They were nice and gave me a pretty good buzz. I wonder how much they are for a 6-pack. I drank some of the tequila last night. I normally don't drink hard alcohol much anymore, but it was a present. I had 2-3 mixed drinks with less alcohol than I normally mix because after all, it is Tequila. Not even 1/4 of the bottle is empty and I was gone. I think I even went to bed early. So, I barely remember watching CHUCK last night and starting to watch HEROES, but after that, I believe I went to bed, or passed out, or blacked out.

Still have JOYRIDE 2 to watch and THE STRANGERS came out today. Have to go to the school early today as my youngest son is receiving an award for something. Let you know tomorrow.

No comments: