Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Debates don't mean nothing

Ok, so I have watched two of the Prsedential debates and the VP debate and I have concluded that debates are nothing. It seems to me that all the candidates do is dodge the question and mudsling the other party. Especially when it comes to numbers, it is exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, I already know who I will vote for and that is not changing. I just watched the debates to see how they were since I never really watched them before, nor do I think I will again. There is no purpose for a debate other than to mess up your television viewing. Each candidate is strong in at least one area out of many and is a good candidate for that one area. However, you need to vote for the one that is stronger in more areas. This election is kind of out of whack. You have a lot of people who want to vote for someone young, of a different race, and is a well rounded speaker. This may be their opinion because they want to see history made or because they are racist. On the other hand, you have the other candidate who is older, has had health problems, and has a strong military background. If we had no telivision or advertising and no one knew what the candidates looked like, only heard them broadcasted on the radio, then who would you vote for? Knowing that one of the candidates did drugs (marijuana not being the case here) why would you vote for that candidate? Again, only my opinion.

Yesterday, I watched 3 movies. First, FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL. This was a great movie. I was laughing my a$$ off. Aside from the male nudity, this movie does seem a bit realistic. The next movie I watched was YOU DON"T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN starring Adam Sandler. What can I say? If you love Adam Sandler and his movies, you will definately love this one. The last movie I watched was THE HAPPENING with Mark Wahlberg. It is one of M. Night Shamilayn's movies. I have liked his movies in the past (aside from UNBREAKABLE) but unfortunately, this was a waste of time. It started off good, had a great storyline, but again, one of those movies where the ending just ruined the whole movie.

I have one more to watch before next week's movies come out. This one went straight to DVD, but what the heck, I got it anyways. THE SCORPION KING 2. Although there are no big actors in it, might as well watch it since I saw the first one. Thankfully last night at least one of my shows was on. NCIS. Well, gotta finish up here before I take off.

No comments: