Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ever been misdiagnosed?

Seriously. Ever gone to the doctor to have them say they found something out of the ordinary in the test results and your dying. A week later they call and say the test was somehow contaminated. Never happened to me either. Here is the situation though. 14 years ago, my wife was diagnosed as bipolar schitzoid effective or something to that nature. At the time, this was new to the mental disorder community. You know, new drugs to test and etc. The reason she was diagnosed as this is because when she went to the doctor originally to be diagnosed, her mother did all the talkking because she did not want my wife saying what caused her to react the way she did because her mother denies a lot of crap that she did to her. To make a long story short, we have been married for over 9 years and she has been going to the same facility that she was originally diagnosed. Because we moved and live in a different county, she goes to a new facility. She has be rediagnosed and she is not bipolar schitzoid effective or whatever. It is believed to be Acute Anxiety Disorder, which basically means maybe they can get her the right medication and everything will be fine. We won't know until she sees the psychiatrist the first week of November.

Watched CHUCK last night and tonight the debate is on, so I will probably not be able to see my other shows. DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN comes out today, so I may get that. Well, I'm only at work for a short time today so I think I'll head out. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on this one. :l