Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank God it's Monday

Not too many people are heard saying that. This weekend, I decided to have a birthday party for my son, at my house, and the boys could stay the night. I tried thinking back to my childhood if we ever had a birthday party for me when I was younger or had sleepovers with more than one friend. I never recalled it and now I know why. My mama ain't stupid. It started at 2pm on Saturday. Non-stop roughhousing, running through the house, screaming, etc. It did finally die down after 6pm, but started up again after 7pm until I made them go to bed at about 11pm. And I promised my wife I wouldn't drink that night. Boy, was I ready for one though.

We also had this child come and the child's father said they would stay the night. I was staring at the child and wondering if it was a boy or a girl. Now the name was Elijah, but these days some names go both ways. The child was black and had long hair in a ponytail and the eyelashes were long, and, sorry, it looked like a girl. I had to pull my son to the side to ask him if it was a boy or a girl. The other funny thing is my daughter hung around him all night because she thought it was a girl too.

Watched WAR, INC last night with John Cusak. Kind of far fetched as what could be possibly real, but had a good story and action to it. I have JOY RIDE 2 to watch tonight. Tuesday THE STRANGERS is released with Liv Tyler. Still waiting to hear what is going on with my "job". Found out today we are still waiting for funds to put me on orders and they are hoping I get called for the position within the next two weeks, but they are willing to allow me to be paid for a week of drills just to have money come in. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

spoiled princess said...

Gotta know was it a boy or was it a girl or maybe both lol. Sorry it made me laugh this morning which is a good thing haven't been doing much of that these days. Love ya