Thursday, October 9, 2008

If I were a rich man...

I probably wouldn't be doing blogs. I don't know what I would do if I were rich. I would still work though because investing money would be a bad idea these days. I would work just to have a little bit come in. I would probably vacation a lot, but it would be difficult with kids in school. Ah, heck, what am I thinking, I'd never be rich.

Speaking of money, you ever go to work and wonder if they are going to pay you? I sent my paperwork a week and a half ago for them to submit so I could get paid and found out they just sent the paperwork up yesterday. Which means another week and a half before I get paid. It sucks when you are sitting on a half of tank of gas, negative balance in the bank, and waiting for money as bills stack up. The plus side is I receive three paychecks within a week. My leave pay, my drill pay, and my travel voucher. However, I have my son's birthday party coming up and I just hope I have it before then.

I accidentally broke my son's glasses the other day. Ever since his scooter accident, the arm bends easy. I bend it back occassionally so it fits him. The other day, I was bending them back and it snapped. I called the place where we got his glasses a few months ago (which is 70 miles away) and they said it is still covered under warranty and to bring them in. Yeah, if I had gas. So we just have scotch tape holding it together until I get paid and can get down there.

Watched CRIMINAL MINDS and CS:NY last night. They were both excellent episodes. Tonight is the season premiere of CSI and a new show called ELEVENTH HOUR which looks really interesting. I know, I lead a boring life.

Well, I guess I best get back to work so I can get out of here.

3 comments:

spoiled princess said...

Which CSI???? And was it any good??? Miss you and I know how tight money can be.

stuman said...

CSI:NY and yes it was a good one.

stuman said...

Oh, I meant CSI:NY for WED night and CSI:LV last night. CSI:MIAMI is on Monday nights.