Friday, September 5, 2008

Yay, it's Friday

What a week. Off Sunday and Monday, basically off on Wednesday as I had to drive 3 hours to try to get a physical to find out I have to schedule an appointment after I was told it can be done as a walk-in, and drove 3 hours back. On Fridays, I work part of the day as my kids have half days every Friday. This weekend I have my family coming to the house after my 2 nephews play their football game in Gilbert.

I have 2 movies to watch yet. BAIT SHOP with Bill Engvall and Billy Ray Cyrus, and the other is THE PROMOTION with John C Reilly and Sean William Scott. We'll see how those are. My brother commented on the post about THE BUCKET LIST and yes, my eyes did swell up at the end of the movie.

Next weekend we are having family day for my unit. So all the soldiers will be bringing their families over to my neighborhood as we are doing it at a park and then going to my house for lunch. We'll see how that goes.

Yesterday after picking up my boys from school, I noticed my middle child had band-aids on his elbow. He wouldn't tell me what happened. We get home and he snuggles up to my wife and says "Mommy, I burnt my arm on the slide at school" in a whining voice. Of course I was out of the room when he told her. When I came in I asked him again what happened and he says "It was just a slide, Dad" in a matter of fact manner. Smart ass.

My daughter and my youngest son also tried eating something last night for the first time. So I had to get a video on camera of it. They tried Spinach. Now the smell makes me gag and the taste will make me throw up, but they both ate it, well half of their serving anyways, but they said they liked it. Good, buy it when you're out of the house.

Until next week.

No comments: