Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drama, why can't I live without it

So, I didn't post yesterday due to a lot on my mind and everything. I received a call that either me or another soldier were getting deployed for a year. I discussed it with my wife and determined I really didn't want to do it. We just recently moved, got the kids in a new school, and we wouldn't be able to afford me being on the deployment although it is stateside. I would only make a few hundred extra a month and it just wasn't worth it. So I came in today and realized through an e-mail, that it was voluntary for one of us. I was like whew. I called the other soldier to let him know and neither one of us want to do it. It is one thing being ordered to do it, but volunteering, at this time in my life, I am done volunteering for deployments. My kids are getting older and need me around.

Last night I watched BABY MAMA with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. It was pretty funny and still had a bit of Saturday Night Live humor in it. At one point I had to laugh because Tina Fey had the Sarah Palin hairdo and glasses and this movie was made before anyone knew who Sarah Palin was. I have two more movies to watch. THE LOVE GURU with Mike Meyers and MADE OF HONOR with Patrick Dempsey.

Watched FRINGE again last night. This looks like it will be a good show to watch for the season. Beginning to plan birthday parties. My youngest son will be 7 next month and never really had a birthday just for him as my birthday is 2 days after his, my wife's is 2 weeks after his, and my daughter's is almost a month after his. We usually just combine all the birthdays to get it all over with and save money. This year, the weekend after his birthday (and after payday) we are inviting all the kids in his class over and the boys will be allowed to stay overnight. The following weekend, we will probably go to Phoenix and have the 4 birthdays at once with our families.

Why can't I just win the lottery?

No comments: