Friday, February 26, 2010

Crossing fingers

As Monday, March 1st approaches, I am crossing my fingers. I have paid off all deragatory collections on my credit report except for one. Unfortunately, I had my credit checked four times this month (on the same day) to see about qualifying for a home loan. I had pulled my credit report a few days ago and my scores went way down because of those checks for the home loans. I was told after 30 days, it will combine into one check instead of four. So March 1st is the day I can check my credit again (apparantly you can check your own credit as much as you want without being penalized). So Monday will be the day to see if everything I have done is for something. Worst comes to worst, I may have to wait one additional month. We'll see.

Nothing planned for this weekend. I am dirt poor again and every paycheck is going towards bills and keeping them current. I can't wait for my GI Bill to come in and my TA to get paid to my college so I can have extra money in my pocket. It seems that everytime you try to get ahead or do what is right, it takes you three steps backwards.

It looks like I will finally be going to a school for my civilian job. It will be in Wisconsin for two weeks around the end of July, beginning of August. Don't worry, Mom, I'll be home for your birthday. So nothing is planned for this weekend except sitting at home and vegging out on the tv.

No comments: