Monday, February 1, 2010

Ahhhhhh....relief

Today, my tax return has deposited into my account. So I left work to go take care of things such as paying my rent, getting my car repaired, and getting some money to my older sister that I knew she desperately needed. I have also made a few arrangements with some of the stuff in collections on my credit report to pay them off so I can clean up my credit. I am now back at work, finishing up some school work and, oh, yeah, what little bit of work I had for the day.

It's kind of funny actually. There is this Soldier I have been working hard on getting him transferred because he accepted a military technician position (similar to my civilian job) but it is in Mississippi. I guess he spoke to the guy that hired him and told him how hard I work and what little I get paid, and this guy wants to hire me for almost double what I make now. I had to say no. I don't want to move to Mississippi and I want my kids to stay settled in a school. I have too many big plans with the little pay I get. Besides, I can't move that far away from my family.

I think I am happy where I am at in life...for now anyways. Yeah, it would be nice to win the Powerball and have money, but I'd still work. Money isn't everything, although it is beneficial to have some. I have drill this weekend and the weekend after that, I may head to the FIL's for the weekend. Although it is Valentine's Day weekend, it is also President's Day weekend which means I will have that Monday off. So, I deserve a little break.

No comments: