Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time...is not on my side

Well, I called several places about getting a VA loan to purchase a house. They all said the same thing because of the way the economy is, and has been, that in order to qualify for a VA loan, I had to have a credit score of a minimum of 620, which I am not at. I know it takes time to get the score to go up, but I am trying to do this quickly to qualify for the tax credit for first time home buyers. I have just recently paid all the stuff in collections and everything else is current. So now it is just waiting for time for the score to go up. Will it be enough? I just don't know.

I think by showing that everything was paid off, should be good enough. After all, it may show you fell behind, but you did pay it off in the end. They never take into account the many reasons to explain why things happened, they just see if you missed a payment or it went to collections. I don't have the time to wait another 12 months for the score to slowly rise. Different places tell me different things. One place says to go and get credit somewhere that I can afford payments while another place says not to have any additional credit checks and do not create credit. I don't know who to believe as far as the quickest way to get it higher.

Arggh. I also called the VA about my GIBILL. I am being paid the less of two types that I can receive and I had applied for the higher end one. So now I have to wait another 4-6 weeks to see if they pay it out and retro me the difference since I started school. It may not be much more, but every little bit helps. I know, I just want everything to happen right now. Well, wouldn't you? I mean, if I pay someone and it goes through right away, wouldn't you want the results just as fast, not 6 weeks later, especially if it is dependant in order for you to take the next step for something else.

Time...it is just not on my side. If everything does happen in time, then it is a race against the clock to get it done before the deadline. Stress....it just happens.

No comments: