Friday, March 26, 2010

Why me?

Sometimes that is how I feel. It seems like after doing everything I need to do to get ahead in life, something pushes me down. It's not necessarily a cost thing, but it is just the fact of something happening. For example, yesterday was just a tough day. I had two assignments to do that were due by midnight last night. No problem, I usually do it at work because I can not concentrate on school work at home due to the kids. Well, yesterday I actually was swamped with work I had to do for work. No problem. So I stay late to complete my school work. I go home, return movies to Blockbuster, pick up a few more and we head to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping. I return to my van and start putting the bags away when I notice I am missing the cover for my rear brake light (or whatever it is called). I didn't see any pieces so it is not like someone broke it. It looks like someone just came up and pried it off. So now I am driving around without this cover worrying if I might get pulled over. I now have to start looking for a replacement part and how much it will cost. Needless to say, I still need to come up with money to fix my car (water pump and timing belt) and the money for my wife's root canal that she needs done.

Anyways, i picked up BROTHERS last night with Jake Gyllenhal and Toby McGuire. I might watch it tonight or tomorrow, haven't decided yet. Also picked up MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS and something else I can't remember right now. So I should post about them next week. I was wanting to go search for the lost dutchman's gold this weekend, but don't really have the gas right now. So I will hold off for a bit. It's not like it is going anywhere as it has been hidden for over 120 years, but I have a good idea where it is anyways. Yes, I am still crazy. I need to just go out there, prove myself wrong, and stop thinking about it.

Kids go back to school next week (YAY!!). They didn't really bother me as I am at work when they are at school or home, but it does affect the wife quite a bit. So, if she's happy, I don't get yelled at. That's the way it works I guess. I am also going to start making the kids do chores and earn an allowance. Maybe this will enable them to keep the house clean and earn money for things they want. We'll see.

No comments: