Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Deadline

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I will be taking tomorrow off as I will probably be standing in line for a few hours to vote. Tomorrow will decide our future or our fate. So tonight would be a great time to search for religion and pray to your god.

Got back from Tucson yesterday evening. It was actually more fun to be a part of the process than going through the process. Can't really go into detail on it. I'll be leaving early today to take my wife to an appointment and then shoot back quick to pick up the boys from school.

Halloween wasn't too bad. We started at 5:30 and ended by 7:00. We didn't hit as many houses as we had in the past in different neighborhoods and cities, but they all made out like bandits. Of course I try to teach the kids every year about government and "tax" them. It was something my brother told me he has done with his kids for years so I adapted it into our tradition a couple of years ago. Of course I don't treat them like the real government. I only take three or four pieces instead of 50% of what they get. And their tax return is greater than what I take all year. If only we had a government like that.

I have drill this coming weekend, but the good news is that I'll have Monday and Tuesday off next week as it will be Veteran's Day. My oldest will be in a parade with his school on Tuesday in downtown Phoenix. The school is bussing them down, so I don't know if I'll be able to go or not. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh puleeze! You are so dramatic! It's either McCain and we live for another four years, or Obama and we panic...simple enough!

I don't know about you two and your "taxing" the Halloween candy. In MY house, we get it ALL and the kids have to ask permission for any candy. You see, when you have your kids under your control they tend to mind you and not have sugar trips. Mu ha ha ha!

spoiled princess said...

Ok I really dont know nothing about the whole taxing on the candy cuz Kris won't eat the stuff LOVE IT. He wants fruits and Vegs. Because he's a perfect little boy lol.... so i get all the candy but this new baby isn't crazy about me eating some of it lol