Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No Title

Well, yesterday was Veterans Day. I went to downtown Phoenix to watch my son march in it. It was pretty crowded, but I am glad he was in the first 30% of the parade as we left right after he was finished. So I didn't have to deal with all the traffic. From what I saw of the parade, it was interesting. No, I di not go in uniform as I did not want to be continuosly stopped by people thanking me. Not that I am rude or anything, but I do get stopped a lot when I am in uniform on any other day. I know who I am and what I do and i know people are thankful. I don't need to wear my uniform to go places to hear it. I guess I am the type of person that doesn't need to hear it all the time. I did run into one of my soldiers while we were there and he showed up in his Dress Blues. He was continously getting stopped and pictures taken and saluting every time a flag went by (which was every entry in the parade). So, I was glad I did not wear my uniform.

Last night I watched THE LAZARUS PROJECT. No, it was not a religious movie. It stars Paul Walker, Linda Cardillini, and Piper Perabo. It was a good flick. It is listed as Action, but to me seemed more suspense. For a movie that did not hit theaters, it was a great rental.

Well, I am finishing on paying the utility bills for this month and watching my account drain. Now I just need to focus and hope I can get next months rent collected and paid on time. Hopefully next week I will get the call for this position and actually start getting paid regularly.

No comments: