Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas already?

Every year it is the same thing. It seems stores start Christmas earlier and earlier every year. I think they shouldn't start putting out Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. I mean, Christmas is one day, but the holiday expands for 3 months. The day after Halloween, all Halloween stuff was gone and replaced with Christmas stuff. I am never too excited about Christmas because it always makes me think of all the money I will be spending. So seeing the stuff for one month is easier to deal with than for three months.

I finally have some money coming in, but enough to cover the bills due mid-month. Hopefully I will be called soon for this position so they will start paying me and I can get rent paid for next month. "not knowing" is always the worst part.

I recently watched JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH with Brendan Fraser. That was a really good movie. I wished I would have seen it in theaters as it is in 3-D as well. If you buy the movie, it will give you 4 3-D glasses, but renting, you don't get that luxury. I also watched THE CONTRACT. It is not a new movie, it is 2 years old. I saw it on a preview of another movie and it looked interesting. It stars Morgan Freeman and John Cusack. It was good as well. Morgan Freeman plays a free-lance killer who gets caught and John Cusack is an average father that ends up getting him handed over to him by a dying law enforcement official. Part of Morgan's crew is looking for him to rescue him and John and his son are of course in danger as they have him. Check it out.

I picked up GET SMART last night and will be watching that. I got about 30 minutes into it last night before my shows came on. It is really funny so far. Only Steve Carrell could pull off the part of Max.

No comments: