Friday, November 14, 2008

Finally, some good news

Well, not as far as my job and money coming in, but at least it is some good news. I went to a conference yesterday regarding my daughter going to preschool. We have taken her in twice for testing, once in August and once in September. They never contacted us and after the first time, I continuously called. That is when they decided to do a second testing of her. After the second time I decided to forget it, it's already well into the school year and they aren't going to contact us. Well, they did...last week, and set an appointment for yesterday to go over the results. On all the tests she is slightly above average. They have decided to accept her due to her communication skills though because even we can't understand her. So speech is the only reason they are taking her in. She starts next Tuesday and will be attending Preschool every Tues-Thur. I am happy about this as well so she can actually play with kids her age and start getting into the habit of being around other kids.

I watched JACK AND JILL VS THE WORLD yesterday. It has Freddie Prinze Jr in it. It started off good and had a good story to it. The ending wasn't one of those that ticked me off, but it seemed like they grasped for a way to end the movie. After I finished watching it, I went back to Blockbuster and picked up HELLBOY II and BEER FOR MY HORSES with Toby Keith in it. I know they already aired it on CMT and will probably continue to, but they cut parts of the movie out when they do that.

I am hoping to get "the call" next week to accept the civilian position I have been working and not getting paid. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say the first year of a child is the most crucial. Glad to see I helped! :)