Monday, November 17, 2008

The things I do

Well, it was an interesting weekend. After getting paid last week for RSTs for future drill dates, I was able to pay all the mid-month bills, get a dog that I have promised the kids for a very long time, and get gas in the car and enough food to last. I get paid later this week for my drill I did over a week ago. Right now I am trying to get in touch with higher ups to send more money to cover my rent on the 1st. They keep telling me that I should get "the call" this week, but we shall see.

Saturday we had one of my oldest son's friends stay over that used to go to school with him in Glendale. His dad is in the Army as well so I picked him Sat morning from the unit and returned him Sun afternoon. On Saturday I went to Graham Central Station. Dave Pratt is a DJ for KMLE country here in Phoenix and he wrote a book about his 30 years on radio. I prebought the book which just went on sale today nationwide. On Saturday he was having a book signing party. So I went. It was from 12-5. I got there at 12, maybe 80-100 people in front of me. It took me 4.5 hours to get the signature. I was glad I didn't bring the whole family. Besides, you could only get in if you had the book.

Sunday I just lounged around and watched tv. There is one good thing about the dog we have. When I got it, they gave us a bunch of food with him, and because he is a small dog, he doesn't eat much. With the amount of food we have for him, I don't need to get anymore until next year. The dog does not chew on anything or what not. He basically sleeps a majority of the day. When the kids want to play, he'll play, otherwise, he'll leave you alone. Only time he barks is when he has been left home alone and we come home. One of the best dogs I have had yet.

Still have HELLBOY II to watch. Need to watch it before Tuesday because there are a couple coming out I want to see.

No comments: