Monday, April 26, 2010

What a day

Well, I survived being sick last week. Only lasted a day and a half. Then I walked 5 miles to find a liqour store as when I drink, I stop being sick. I left Wisconsin on Friday and got home after midnight. Went to a party Saturday night for one of my Soldiers who is deploying. It was alright. I ended up leaving there shortly after midnight and went and got a hotel room for the night. Sunday, came home and relaxed. Today, came back to work. Had a few errands to run and while I was out, got pulled over. Got cited. My bad.

A few weeks ago, my passenger tail leght cover had been removed or fell off or whatever. I noticed it and the next day looked online to price them. $50 no problem. Went to Checker and they wanted to charge me like $100. I didn't have that much at the time so I had to hold off. Well, I just got paid last Thursday, but I have been out of town. The officer said he pulled me over for my taillight, but then started questioning my insurance. I gave him my card (which expired in Feb and I didn't know it). He said he was keeping the card. As he came back with the ticket, he gave me the card back and was saying it was a different insurance that was cancelled, but because I had an expired card, I had to show up to court with a current one. No problem, that one will drop. I asked him how much for the other citation for the taillight and he said it would be cheap. I'm thinking $40-50. He tells me more like $100-150. Dang. He did suggest I get it replaced and bring the receipt to court so that they may lower it once I explain the situation and show proof that it has been fixed.

Well, that's about all I got to catch everyone up since the last time.

No comments: