Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm Bored

Did not watch SHERLOCK HOLMES last night. Instead I watched an episode of BONES and FRINGE since the new episodes are back on and the reruns are over for now. Tonight I will be watching SMALLVILLE as well as KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, so I probably won't watch it until tomorrow.

I have been bored all day as it is slow. I was told yesterday that even though there is a Holiday on Sunday, we still had to work today. However, more than half the building is empty at my location and I wonder if anyone in CA is working as no one responds to e-mails or answers the phone. Sometimes, I think they do this to me because they are jealous I am the only full time person at a separate location. I love it, though, no one to report to or overlook my work. I still get stuff done and have plenty of spare time. Heck, half the times they call me on how to do their jobs. Oh, well, it is what it is.

School is still going fine. Only two and a half more weeks to go. Finally paid some of my rent today, but have to wait until next week to finish paying it. I feel like just leaving work. There is no time clock to punch in and out of and no one is responding to me. I feel all alone.....NOT!

My middle child played a good April's Fool joke on my wife and I yesterday. My wife and I took my daughter with us to the store leaving the two older boys at home. We were gone maybe an hour. When we got home, our younger son told us the older had gotten ticked off and ran away. Well, it is believable as over the last several months when he gets upset, he tries running out the front door or says he is running away. So first thing I said was this had better be a joke. I went to the garage...ok, his bike is still here, he's probably hiding. After two minutes of searching the house for him, my wife went out in the backyard where he was hiding. It was a little upsetting, but after an hour, it was a pretty good prank.

Another thing that happened about a week ago. My wife and I were going somewhere with our daughter, I forget where, not important. My daughter was saying that when she grows up she wants to be big like Mommy. My wife said "you want to be big like me, huh?" My daughter answers back "not fat, Mommy, tall". Wow, that was not nice. Sometimes, my kids say the darndest thing. Every now and then when I tease my oldest son about something, he always responds back "5 more years, Dad, 5 more years". To most people, that really doesn't mean anything. However, I am 35 years old. Most men know what happens at age 40 when you schedule an appointment with the Dr.

Well, that's all I got today. I'm still bored.

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

Your kids - my grandchildren - crack me up!

Ralphd00d said...

What happens in 5 years? Describe in detail. I have no idea.

And the daughter... geez, innocent til 13 right? Otherwise, damn! She had it nailed.