Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Long Weekend Ahead

Well, here I sit wrapping things up for the week as I have a long weekend ahead of me. I have to get up at 2am tomorrow to be here at work getting things ready to head out to California for drill this weekend. Going to the range to qualify on our M-16's. Will be returning late Sunday night. I spent most of the day taking care of some errands and knocking out my school work for the weekend so I can just rest when I get back.

We were supposed to have the visit with CPS again today. However, my wife called me and told me the lady had to cancel again. Seems she has cancer and was undergoing chemo. So instead of an onsite visit, she just did a phone interview with my wife. No big deal, just a bunch of questions and then the case was closed. I knew there was nothing to worry about, but when you hear of things like this you start second guessing yourself. I remember one time I received a call from CID for the Army. I had to go to their office to answer some questions about something that had happened during our deployment. I know I did nothing wrong, but the whole authority thing got to me. And when I did show up, they had me spread my feet and put my hands on the wall to pat me down. They then put me in a room, shut and locked the door and I could see two cameras in there and a one way mirror. They then came and took me out and fingerprinted me. Not just the fingers, but the sides of the hand and the whole palm of the hand. Everything turned out to be fine, but it was just the whole thought running through my mind of "what did I do that I don't remember".

So, as I am out firing my weapon, you all have a fun weekend.

No comments: