Monday, April 12, 2010

Ouch

I got sunburned this weekend. So it took us about 9-10 hours to bus to CA for our drill this past weekend for weapons qualification. Not too bad. I zeroed right away Friday afternoon when we got there and got a little sunburned on the bag of the neck. Saturday morning I put on Sunblock on my neck and face. Didn't help my neck or the back of my head. So, it hurts a bit right now. Saturday morning I was on the first rotation and qualified right away, so the rest of the day was busy work helping other Soldiers out. We came back Sunday and got back around two, but I am still beat from the getting up early, meetings all night, and long bus rides.

I am still waiting on my school to cut me a check of the money they have to send me. It is a little over $2500 now. So hopefully they send that soon. I leave Sunday for a week for my job. I did talk to our Batallion Commander this past weekend and he told me what an outstanding job I have been doing and i have the best run platoons out of the whole company. Well, I don't hear that from the Company leadership so if the Batallion Commander is saying it, it means so much more. I don't know how it is different than the rest of the company as I do what I am told and put out information as it comes in. So the only thing I can think of is that the other platoons do not communicate to their Soldiers.

So, my weekend had been pretty busy, but it was a good thing I guess. Just trying to pay some bills on time to get everything up to date so I don't fall behind. Hopefully soon I get a raise as I am due one in June.

1 comment:

Sis said...

I am so proud of you.

Sis