Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year...same crap

Today is day 3 of the New Year and it already seems like the same old shi*. It is now 7:20am on Jan 3rd. I received a call about an hour ago, and yes, I was asleep. Apparantly, it was a local city's police department calling me to notify me one of my Soldiers have been arrested and will be seeing a judge within the next hour and a half. Usually I would just say ok and go back to sleep. However, this Soldier is one of my Soldiers getting ready to fly out today to begin pre-mobilization as he he will be deploying within the next few months. Needless to say I can not do anything at this time as I have to wait for him to appear before a judge within the next 2 hours. I will more than likely have to pick him up. I did talk to the arresting officer and he told me tha more than likely he will be released with no Bail set. I was thinking, why couldn't I have been arrested in that city when I was arrested. Anyways, it is a waiting game right now. As long as he goes before a judge and gets released, I will pick him up and he should still be able to leave today as his flight is not unil after 2pm. I think I will kick his a$$ for getting me woke up so early, worrying about the situation, and having to pick him up to make sure he is where he is supposed to be.

So, I hope everyone else is having a good year so far. Heard from my little sister the other day, which is good because I was starting to worry as her phone was shut off. I guess that is what happens when you buy minutes for your phone and people call the wrong number and telemarketers use up all of your minutes. She has a new phone and new plan now, so I should be able to reach her more often now. Anyways, everyone have a good new year and hope it is better than the way mine is starting.

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

And you "thought" your "job" seemed so easy...lol

sis said...

Give it another 10-15 years and it will be an officer calling about one of your children! Then you will be pissed!