Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it over yet?

I am waiting for a day off still. It seems like I have been working non stop for days. I have started looking into buying a house recently. Don't really know why, I just feel like I should buy a house now. I am looking in my neighborhood where I am at now so I don't have to have the kids change schools. I found a 5 bedroom, 2 story house for 100K. I am like, well I am paying $850 a month now, that would lower my mortgage to about $550-$650 depending on interest and everything. So I went to BofA yesterday to get pre-qualified. Didn't take long for them to tell me that they can't pre-qualify me at this time. My credit sucks. I printed up a couple of copies of my credit report to see what I can do. I basically have like 3 or 4 things in collection that I never bothered to take care of and they are all only a couple of hundred dollars each. I figure when I get my taxes, I'll pay them off and pay off my car loan. It only totals to around $2000. Then all I will have left on my credit is my van loan and student loan, which I don't really worry about. I had them run my debt to income ratio just for the heck of it and found out I will qualify for more than I thought I would...once I clean up my credit. They also said they look at the 12 month trend. I am like, so what, if the collections are paid off, it shows they were paid. So, I will have to wait until I do my taxes and get them back to pay these off and see if I can pre-qualify. Then it will be time to go house shopping.

Have my nephew and sister's birthdays coming up this month. Don't know when we are getting together for all that yet. My next drill is during Superbowl weekend. I plan on releasing everyone early so they can get to where they need to go for the game celebrations. It's ok, the Vikings will be in it this year. Well, we'll see after Sunday when they play Dallas. Cardinals did pretty good last week. I am glad they knoked out the Packers. I believe they play the Saints next. Well, gotta get back to work.

No comments: