Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Super Bowl is coming

I am really impressed and excited this year. Although the Cardinals had another good year, they were defeated this past weekend by the Saints. However, my team is the Minnesota Vikings. Next week the Vikings play the Saints and the Colts play the Jets. I predict for the Super Bowl, the Colts and Vikings, with the Vikings winning it. Although the Vikings had acquired Brett Favre this year, I am not one of his biggest fans. I've hated Favre since he was with Green Bay and had broken 3 remotes within a 2 year period when the Packers and Vikings played because Minnesota would be ahead and somehow in the last 30 seconds of the game, Favre would do his magic and Green Bay would win. Now that he got the Vikings to the playoffs, and possibly the Super Bowl, I'll have to admit I am starting to give him a chance.

Watched a few more movies this past weekend. S. DARKO is the sequel to DONNIE DARKO, which I had seen several years ago, but do not remember it that much. This sequel was not good. Not worth even a free rental to watch. FAME is a movie that was originally a tv show. I actually enjoyed this movie. POST GRAD was a good movie also. HALLOWEEN II, of course is a remake made by Rob Zombie. I don't remember the original one, so I am not sure if it even followed the original movie, but it was still good. I love Rob Zombie movies because they have more realistic blood and death.

Next Sunday, we go to the sister's house for my nephew's birthday. I guess that is when we will do our "run". My sister had informed me I will probably beat her in points, but, oh, well, we will see. I haven't ran since October and she runs more often than I do. So, we will see how it goes and probably do it again in June or July.

I am currently house hunting right now. I am waiting to get my taxes back so I can pay off the collections on my credit report and then go and prequalify. Right now in my neighborhood, I am finding many houses for sale for cheap. I am looking at a house right now that is 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, and over 3000 square foot going for $115,000. I am really leaning towards this one as long as it stays on the market long enough for me. They are getting ready to build a film studio for tv and movies about 12 miles from my house as well as an International Hotel and Resort. So I imagine in about 5-10 years, the housing market will be back on track and the value of the house will increase tremendously, but we will see.

That's all I got today.

No comments: