Sunday, January 24, 2010

Overconfidence and Cockiness

Those are the two things I blame today on. First, the race. No excuses. My sister beat me by Army standards for her age and gender. She scored a 67. I scored a 62, although I felt it was longer than two miles because I ran it 30 seconds slower than I normally do, but still, she ran the same distance, so no excuse. However, I was extremely pleased by my mother's results. She scored a 61 for her category. I am very impressed with that. We have a rematch coming up in a few months, but I will allow them to continue working out and stop from being so overconfident and cocky.

The second bad thing...the Vikings lost. It was an extremely close game, but in the end, the Saints won.

The third bad thing....on my way home on the freeway, doing 65 MPH, I blow a tire. With my wife and three young children in the car. Scared the crap out of me, but I was able to get 3 lanes over to the side of the road. Called my sister, whose house I had left and was 30 miles away from. She called Triple A and came to meet me. Triple A showed up first and we had my tire changed and everything before my sis got there. I was like, great, now I will be charged. However, the guy was like, no worries, she doesn't need to be here. So I waited for her to show up at a nearby gas station where I had to fill up the spare anyways. I am thankful for my sister...even if she did beat me.

Anyways, there are several things to learn from today. My main lesson I learned is everything I have to be thankful for and stop being so overconfident and cocky.

3 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

Thanks for letting me race with you - I had so much fun - can't believe you beat me by 1 point! You and your sister are on notice - mama is going to beat you both next time! LOL Love you! ps - maybe we can get your bro to run with us too>??????

Ralphd00d said...

Dang. You know, when I think things are getting bad for me, I am just going to start thinking of you. Your shit just hits the fan. Maybe you should move your toilet... or the fan. And no, RM, I am not going to run.

Sis said...

Ooooh...RM threw down the gauntlet! I guess she didn't learn from Stuman's "overconfidence and cockiness"!

Looking forward to the challenge!