Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost there

Two more days until the New Year. All I can hope is that it will be better than this past year. I believe it will be since I do work AND get paid now. Of course next year will be the first time that I will make over a certain amount for the year and will no longer be able to qualify for the Earned Income Credit on my taxes in 2011. Oh, well. This is actually the best and highest paid job I have had in my life. Well, aside from being deployed since I make more when I am deployed.

I watched INGLORIOUS BASTERDS last night. Although I usually enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies, I did not enjoy this one. First, let me explain this. I have a 27-29" tv. My couch is about 15 feet away from the tv. 1/2 to 3/4 of the movie was in subtitles because they were speaking either German or French at one time or another. The subtitles were in yellow, which you can not really see when there is a bright background. On top of that, they were switching the subtitles faster than I could read them because of the blending in on the screen. My eyes hurt, my brain hurt, this movie sucked. Unless you have a big screen tv, do not watch or you will not understand it. Even if you do have a big screen tv, it is still a waste of time.

I feel better now. If there are any writers out there....make sure you have characters speak English. There are no subtitles in real life. If you can't have your characters speak English, show the movie somewhere else other than in my English speaking country. Your as bad as the individuals that are in my country and can't speak English. When I go to another country, I don't try to walk up to people and expect them to know my language.

Now look what has happened. I am getting all worked up again. Damn movie and damn non-english speaking people in my country.

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

So, are you trying to say the Jewish people of the USA have to read subtitles? Or that you were pissed about it?!? Get over yourself. They weren't waving a non-US flag.....