Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Small break...bigger break

Wow, has it been that long since I last posted? Well for Thanksgiving, I went up to the FIL place in Northern AZ. He continued to ask me if I wanted part of the land in the event he passes away. I know, I shouldn't pass up free land, however, I don't know what I plan on doing in the future. Most people would jump at it and sell it if they don't use it. I am not like that and in his will he would put something where the land could not be sold for over 100 years. I would just own land and have to pay taxes on it. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have land to vacation to or something like that, but I would not want to live there.

Thanksgiving went well there and we only had one injury. No, not one of my kids or my wife or I. One of my dogs. I have three and the biggest of the three, a boarder collie, was slightly injured. My FIL has an underground, which is basically a trailer he buried and stores food, yes, he is a survivalist. Well, to get into it, you need to climb down a ladder about 16 ft down. We went down and apparently, my dog was curious and got too close and fell in. Thankfully he didn't break any bones or anything, but he did break one of his nails on the way down. He is doing a lot better now and the nail is growing back.

I leave in three more days to go to Germany for a couple of weeks. I am excited as this will be my third trip to Germany. Maybe next year I will put in for Japan or Korea, if I am not deployed. A lot of rumors going on right now, but nothing definite yet. Don't really have money for this trip, but hopefully I can get some things for low prices to bring back for Christmas. I come back just before Christmas. Other than that, not much else going on. Probably will not post until I return unless I am able to use the internet while I am there. The last two times, I did not have access. Well, we'll see.

No comments: