Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Show me the money

I am having a heck of a morning. Yesterday, I received a letter from the VA about my payment for the GIBILL for going back to school. It seems instead of asking me for an account to direct deposit the money into, they deposited it into an account I had 7 years ago, which I no longer have now. They told me this was done on the 19th. I called the bank and they told me that the VA did try to deposit the money on the 19th, but it was rejected the same day. Now I am on the phone with the VA again to find out where my money is. And of course wait time is approximately 25-30 minutes which usually turns into 45 minutes to an hour. I just don't understand businesses sometimes. If they deposited it and rejected it the same day, they should know. I have had this happen in the past where they tell me one thing, I follow up on it, have to call the business back and their like "oh, I see it now". Just do it right the first time. It's not like it's a thousand dollars or anything, only a couple of hundred dollars, but still, it is money that I need to pay bills. We'll see where this goes when they get back on the phone....in 30 minutes.

My daughter is having some little Thanksgiving party today at school, so I will probably work half day and go to it. We leave tomorrow after I get off work to head to the Father-In-Law's place for Turkey Day. Plan on coming back on Friday as I still have school work to do. This is my last week for this class. Next class will be in Jan. and I will be starting my English classes. I just recently took an English Proficiency Exam. I didn't do as well as I had expected. I was kind of nervous about it, so I googled it to see what it might include. I found a practice one through google, took it and scored 100%. I was like, wow, this is great. Went in to my school to take it, feeling confident, and it was nothing like what I just did. I scored 35/45 which is equivalent to 77.77%. I could take it again as they said we have two attempts. However, it did take me nearly 2 a/2 hours to take the test. Well, I was taking it at work, while I was working at the same time and it took awhile everytime I answered a question to upload the next one. The test didn't count towards my grade, so I was happy about that as well. I still have an A in this class. I think I am at a 96.5% right now.

Well, I am still on hold and feel like wrapping this up. Another week and a half until I head out to Germany.

1 comment:

sis said...

LOL...that is what I do all day with the banks...on hold for hours at a time negotiating Short Sales. That's why I love my speaker phone!

We'll miss you for Thanksgiving. Please be safe! BTW--what are you doing w/ Georgie? Need me to dog sit?