Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday blues

I had my daughter's fifth birthday this past weekend at Schnepf Farms. It cost me a lot less than what I had figured, but that is also because I had a lot less people show up than expected. Oh, well, she still had fun.

Of course for the last few weeks, for some reason, I check all 4 of my tires on my car to make sure they are good. See I got this car from my Mother In Law last year who told me all the tires were new. However, the tread looked good, but the sides looked cracked. It was all from tire rot because it sat and didn't get used much from the time she had replaced the tires. So over the course of the past year, I have had to replace three of the tires so far...until Saturday. When we were leaving my daughter's birthday party, I checked all 4 tires and they were good. As I neeared the street to start heading home, my sister pulls alongside to let me know I had a flat. Of course I couldn't afford it as I had just put my account into the negative just to pay my daughter's birthday party. So my Brother in Law and I drove to a gas station and got some fix-it-flat. Came back, filled it up, and it worked. Drove home and everything was fine. I even went to the gas station after that to put more air in the tire and it was fine. However, later that night, I cam out to check it and it was flat. So, yesterday morning, I put the spare on it and had noticed it had a hole in it on the inside of the tire. So, I am driving on a spare until later this week when I can get another tire. Oh, well, at least all 4 should not give me a problem for a while.

I go today to the dentist again for my last little appointment that the military is paying for. I get the privilege of having a root canal done today. After that, I will begin setting up appointments with my dentist under my dental insurance to begin getting other things done. I am just so happy that the military finally paid to get some of it done, as that will be a lot less that I have to pay for.

I will be heading up to the Father In Law's house for Thanksgiving next week. I love going up there as Thanksgiving dinner consists of no turkey and all steak. It is a great break from the city life as well as he lives in a small town and lives on 40 acres. I know it will be colder up there though. I think this week alone we will be in the mid 70's. Up there it is more like 50's. Well, that's all I got today.

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

Glad to hear the Daughter of yours had a good day. Wish I coulda been there. Hell, would have been more fun than my house this last few days....