Wednesday, November 18, 2009

18 Nov

Well, it is another hump day. It seems everyday this week has been long days. I had my root canal on Monday. It had been 5 years since my last root canal and I had forgotten how long it takes. I spent over two hours getting it done. They gave me the strongest medication they could to numb me and I still felt it. At least it is all over now. That was the last dental appointment that the military pays for, so now I can set up appointments with my regular dentist and start going through my insurance. This is actually the first time I have had dental insurance in years, so I can finally get some things done as long as I can afford the copays.

Next week is Thanksgiving and I will be going to the Father In Law's. I just replaced my tire this morning on my car and will be taking my other vehicle in for oil change and battery replacement. It seems like everytime I have a little bit of extra money, something happens and I need to pay for something, taking away all my extra money and sometimes additional. At least I am actually bringing in money now and can afford to pay bills though.

Friday, the kids bring home progress reports. The cool thing about this school district is they give us a website to go to and username and password for each kid that we can check on their grades as long as the teachers keep them current. My oldest son has all A's and B's for this quarter, but still needs to bring them higher to bring his semester grades up due to what he got for 1st Quarter. My younger son has a few grades below a B and still needs to bring his up. We'll just have to see on Friday when I get their up-to-date progress reports.

Only 2 1/2 weeks until I go to Germany. I am looking forward to it even if it is going to be cold as hell and possibly snow. I love going to Germany to sight see and stuff. I hate going to the same place twice, but I haven't had to worry about that yet. This is my third trip to Germany and third different location. I especially like going in December because of the Christmas Markets they have in the towns. It is nothing like here in the states. There, the townspeople all set up little booths in the middle of the streets to sell stuff and congregate with one another.

Well, I am almost finished with my second college course. I still have an A right now with 2 weeks left. I will start my next class in January. Everything with school seems to be doing fine and is pretty simple as long as all the deadlines are met. I am still waiting for another college to transfer my credits over and then I will know how much longer I have to go. I was originally told I would only need to do about a year and a half to get my Bachelor's Degree after all my credits were transferred, but I want to see them transferred to make sure. We'll see.

I hope this week picks up and goes faster. I think it is the medication from the root canal that is making me tired and makes the time go slower. But I need them for the pain. Until next time.

No comments: