Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh, my head is spinning

And it has been since Friday. It seems the main person we have that submits pay for Soldiers is currently elsewhere on orders and everything has dropped in my lap. It appears that out of all the full time staff, there are only 3 individuals that can access the pay to ensure Soldiers get paid. Two of them are gone on orders, which leaves me. Not a big deal if they had given me all of the information. For this past weekend, there 12 Soldiers that needed to be paid, but I was only sent 6 orders. I had to research the other 6. I do not know who else needs to be paid at this time because no one is giving me any information. I mean, I can't pay some one if I don't have the information. Yeah, so my job will be interesting for the next couple of weeks until they return.

This weekend was more of a time to relax. Didn't do anything and didn't go anywhere. Just sat at home and watched tv. Not that anything was good on, just didn't feel like doing anything. Just wrapping up my second week of this college course and I am still sitting at an A. 3 more weeks to go. They originally gave me a month long break in September, but I called my Academic Advisor and asked them to put a class in there. I don't want to take any unnecessary breaks, i just want to get it done and over with and keep the momentum up. I will be getting ready for my SAT test in June. I have to pay by 05 May, which I will to lock it in. After I take the test and get over a certain score, I will be submitting my direct commission packet. It may take 6 months to a year, but it will be well worth it.

That's about all I got going on now. Maybe later this week I will be able to go pick up some movies to watch. My oldest wants to see IRON MAN 2 in theaters, which comes out Friday. Don't know if I'll be able to do that or not just yet. We'll see.

No comments: