Thursday, June 24, 2010

OMG...Am I stupid or intelligent?

So....I received my SAT scores today. Yeah, my niece did better on hers. And rightly so as she just completed High School. I went into this test without studying, without practicing, without anything. I just figured that either you know it or you don't and went in and took it. Now that I have justified myself enough and made myself feel a little better, here is what you want to know...1480. . Oh, well, the only reason I took this test was for Direct Commission, which I only needed 850. That is the only reason I took this test. I didn't need it for college as I am already in and only need 46 credits to finish my Bachelor's Degree. (Still trying to convince myself I am not stupid). So here is the breakdown in the scores:

Reading-500-49%
Math-440-26%
Writing-540-66%

Now, let me also explain the reason for the low scores. For every question you answer correctly, you get one point. If you leave a question blank, you do not get a point or a point taken away. However, for every question you answer incorrectly, you are deducted .25. I answered everything. Here was my philosophy on it. If I guessed on 20 and got 12 wrong, that is -3 points meaning I recieved 5 points for guessing. Maybe I shouldn't have convinced myself of this after looking at my math score. Well, enough about the SAT's. Go ahead and laugh and make fun, but I got out of it what I needed.

Watched GREEN ZONE last night with Matt Damon. It was ok, but not spectacular. I also have REMEMBER ME to watch. I was upset they didn't have SHE'S OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE at Blockbuster at all. It was just released Tuesday. They informed me they have 177 copies they are still waiting to receive. I guess I'll try again next week. I'll be going to the Sis's this weekend as my wife will be staying with her mother, so it will be just me and the kids. Well, that's all I got today.

3 comments:

Sis said...

Hmmm....well it has been many many years since you were in HS. So don't be hard on yourself. Even though you are taking college courses, they are not the "whole package" like you took in High School. I'm still proud of you! I don't think I could score that high even after HS AND a Bachelor's degree! I think our brain deteriotes when we don't have to use it anymore...LOL.

BTW- bring movies this weekend. (and swimsuits)

Reverend Mother said...

I'm proud of you too, Son! I know I couldn't have done that well - and it has been many, many years since I graduated! Love you!

spoiled princess said...

Good Job love you... I never took the SATs so I'm sure you did better than I would