Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day weekend

Well, this holiday weekend is over now. Rented some movies and watched them over the weekend. Saw WHEN IN ROME, which was a pretty good movie. THE STOLEN which was different, but interesting. YOUTH IN REVOLT which was hilarious, but is not recommended for children or those adults with virgin ears. THE SHUTTER. Wow, this movie was really good and I was not able to predict what was happening. It was definately a good thriller movie.

Saturday morning, I got up and took my boys on a hike on the mountains by our house. After that they said they did not want to do that again. I guess because it was not paved and it was extremely steep in some areas. It was probably about 2-2.5 mile hike. Not too hot as early as we went. I then went to Phoenix to drop one of their friends off at home that stayed with us all week. Then I took my kids to my Sis's house to have her watch them while I went to a wedding for a Soldier. It was supposed to start at 5, but ended up starting at 6 as we had to first wait for the bride and groom to show up, which they did at about 5:15-5:20, we then had to wait for the best man and another groomsman to show up, which they did at about 5:45-not yet dressed. So after the wedding, my parents married them by the way, we did not stay for the reception as it was sandwiches and chips. So the parents, wife and I went out for dinner. We went to Lonestar where we received terrible service.

First, it took 45 minutes to receive our order. There were two tables that came in after us and had already eaten and left before we were given our food and/or bill. The steak tasted like it had already been cooked and then thrown back on the grill to be reheated. We had emptied our glasses three times without them coming to refill in time. When we were getting ready to pay the bill I asked about military discount-no. Senior citizen discount-no. Then my parents asked what about a discount for bringing our meal to us 45 minutes after ordering-no. The waitress then proceeded to tell us they do not do any type of discounts. I asked 'Oh, so no employee discount?' she responded saying oh yes we do, thank goodness and walks away. Yeah, I don't think I will go to Lonestar ever again. And yeah, it was at I-17 and Peoria in Phoenix, AZ.

So we ended up asking the Sis if the kids could stay the night Saturday night so i didn't have to drive to her house and then back to mine. We still had to pack the boys clothes as they were staying with their grandmother (MIL) from Sunday-Wednesday. So the wife and I went home. Sunday morning we head to the Sis's for Father's Day and had some pretty good and thick Porterhouse steaks. The Sis bet I couldn't eat all of it, which I am sure I could have. The BIL shared some of his with his son. The Stepfather shared with my mother. I ate about 3/4 of mine and couldn't eat anymore. So I told them to wrap it up and gave it to my mother to take to my Brother since he couldn't be there. Just wanted to let him know what he missed out on. They do plan on making it a tradition now to have Porterhouse steaks for the Fathers on Father's Day.

So we now begin a new week and the next holiday is 04 July. I will be heading to the FIL's so we will see how that turns out.

2 comments:

Sis said...

What?? Who said Porterhouse steaks would be a tradition?? Do you know how much they cost?! I will have to think about that....

Ralphd00d said...

And the little bit of steak that RM brought was good! Wish I could have had a whole one though....

I would be willing to pitch in a few bucks for porterhouses on Fathers day!!