Thursday, October 1, 2009

October has cometh

Above is a pictur from my 2nd marriage last week. Me re-enlisting for 25 years.

Well, October has finally arrived and hopefully that means cooler temperatures. It has been in the 100's all the way up to the end of Sept, but the news says it will be in the 90's now. Yeah, we'll see.

Took my daughter to the Dr yesterday as the school had called and she fell and hurt her arm. Apparently she was on the playground chasing butterflies and tripped over a step and landed on her elbow. So I had to come home early so my wife could take her to the Dr and I pick up the boys. When I picked the boys up I told them what had happened and it was her left arm. My oldest replies "that's irony, Dad". Which is true because I and my two sons have all hurt our left arms/elbows since 2000. I dislocated my elbow, the oldest fractured his elbow, and the middle child dislocated his elbow. To make a long story short, she was fine.

Well, in 15 more days, I will finally hit 35. Not much to look forward to when getting older. I remember when I was younger, I couldn't wait for 10 to hit double digits. Then it was 11 to have the same digit twice. 13 to become a teenager. 18 to be an adult. 21 to legal to drink. 25 for lower insurance. What's after that? Retirement. So I am still waiting for that age.

Anyways, I need to get back to work. Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

35? You are just a baby!

Ralphd00d said...

Hell, d00d, if you had lived life more than what ya did - I know I ain't totally clear, but still....

Naw, ain't worth repeating.