Friday, October 9, 2009

ahhhh...life goes on

Well, it has been a long week. With arguing with other leaders in CA for not doing their jobs and pushing them to do it right to benefit my Soldiers. Being a leader in the Army is so much like being a parent. You have to make sure they get their education, meet all of their requirements, punish them when necessary, and fight for them when you know they are not being taken care of. It gets exhausting after a while. So on top of doing that for my 3 kids...(not as much as my Soldiers), I have 42 other kids I have to take care of. I am not like others in this position before me. They really didn't do anything or care for the Soldiers, and it effected their careers. The only ones that succeeded were their friends, or those that took charge and did it for themselves. Which , don't get me wrong, is expected for them to do. I guess I just have too big of a heart and care too much.

Yesterday morning I went to my daughter's school for her and I to have breakfast with the principal. Apparantly my daughter was chosen for her class as showing a character trait of respect. When I first heard about it, I was like...My daughter? My spawn? Respect? Not at home. And she is only 4 years old. So, we went and she received a couple of certificates and such. I had to double check to make sure they had the right child. From what I have been hearing from all three of my children's teachers I am beginning to believe my 3 children have been abducted. They are good when at school and behave, but when they return home, they are really my kids. Not saying I want it reversed. At least they are well behaved when they are outside of my clutches. I guess sometimes you have to take the bad as long as there is some good.

Other than that, going to dinner with my parents tonight. They are actually driving cross country just to visit with my family and have dinner. Tomorrow is my second child's birthday party. I just reserved my daughter's party next month at Schnepf Farms. The whole party is gonna cost me big. She better be worth it. That's all I have for now.

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

You have good kids, you just need to control them a little better. :-) I say that in a nice way. I can't wait to see my grandbabies tonight! God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? I thought I would have a battle on my hands to get to come out - but T agreed to go on out. Looking forward to spending time with you all. love you. mom

sis said...

You know...the first 9 months of a child's life is very crucial....grin.