Saturday, October 17, 2009

no different than any other day

So, after the Parent Teacher conferences, I had one boy with a sore a$$. Seems he came home with a D in reading and an F in Social Studies. Apparantly it was all due to not turning in book reports and Presidential homework. I don't think he'll be coming home with bad grades the rest of the year.

So, yesterday was my birthday...35 now. It was no different than any other day. Worked all day, came home and opened presents. Mainly got a new grill (which I needed), a t-shirt, and things the kids drew me. Kids did not clean their messes, argued and fought all day, and I, of course, cooked dinner. I did go out and buy a new pair of running shoes on Thursday with gel insoles. So, yes, Mom, I got them. Thank you.

Watched THE PROPOSAL with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock. It was pretty funny and well done. Watched LAND OF THE LOST last night with Will Ferrell. It was done a lot better than the show. Of course just about anything with Will Ferrell is going to be funny. Still have two more to watch. DRAG ME TO HELL with Justin Long (from the MAC commercials) and the girl from FLICKA, can't remember her name right now.

Well, that's all I got today. Wife's b-day is in 2 weeks and my daughter's is 2 weeks after that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, STUART.

HAD I known your birthday, was following your son's the other day, I would have wished it then.. LOL

oh well,, not good on remembering anyone but parents and siblings birthdays.

So hope you had a great day

Love ya

Uncle Mike

Sis said...

What's the "running shoes" for, Lil Brother? Think that will help?? And what is mom "advising" you for?

Reverend Mother said...

Hey - leave mom's 'advice' out of this! LOL I'm concerned about the child who got the whupping! You should have grounded them - not spanked them! You just broke my heart - hurting my grandchild! Write a contract with them - remember those? LOL Spanking lasts only a short while - grounded discipline stays in the mind. Or is it that you can't remain consistent and spanking is the easy way out? Spanking obviously didn't help you any! Oh yeah, neither did grounding. sigh. I love you anyway.