Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain did what?

I am in awe. This morning I came in and started reading the news and saw John McCain had picked his VP candidate. Now, to start off with, I am not a real political person and McCain had my vote to begin with. What awes me is picking someone that we didn't even hear he was considering. Sarah Palin? I had never heard of this woman until this morning. My question is why her? Is it for McCain to make history as well by having the first woman VP candidate since Barack Obama made history by being the first African American Presidential candidate? Or is it to try to gain Hillary's supporter because there would be a woman in the office? I can not wait to begin hearing the "reasons" why she was chosen. My vote will still go for McCain, don't get me wrong, but I am just trying to figure this one out.

Last night I did watch a movie that had been out a little bit. MEET BILL with Aaron Eckhart, Timothy Olyphant, and Jessica Alba. This movie starts off slow, but it was pretty funny in the end. It is about a man that discovers his wife cheated on him and he "dates" another woman to make her jealous and win her back. I picked this up because a friend of mine recommended it, otherwise I probably would not have gotten it. It was a good movie, but I would only give it a 3.5 out of five.

Really good storm last night. Got hit for a couple of hours. After the rain stopped, I could go out back and watch the lightning show for the next two hours as Phoenix was getting hit with the rain. A lot of tv and radio stations are still running on generators this morning.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day.

No comments: