Monday, August 4, 2008

After a long weekend...

Well, I am finally moved. Not unpacked, but moved. Needless to say U-haul messed up again. Instead of a 14' truck, I ended up with a 17' same price. To make it all short, as many times as they messed up, it cost me $50 for the truck and 231 miles thrown in. I didn't get to start moving until noon on Friday and had the truck back by 7:30. Spent all day Saturday cleaning the apartment and packing up the last of our things in the van. Of course on top of the U-haul charges, I spent about $200 on gas for the truck, the van and my car for going back and forth. I do not want to move again, but I know I will have to next year. I am just renting this house for a year to build up my credit and then I will be buying a house in the same area next year. At least I won't have as big an ordeal as I did with this move.

This weekend I watched a couple of movies. HAROLD AND KUMAR: ESCAPE FROM GUANTANOMO BAY. It has the same humor as the first one. It cracked me up. I like the whole concept of a bottomless party instead of topless. The next movie I watched was an Independant Film called WRISTCUTTERS. The only star in that movie is SHANNYN SOSSAMAN from A KNIGHT'S TALE. It is about people that commit suicide still live, but in a parallel world that was worse than the first. If you continue to commit suicide, each place is worse. It had some slow points, but over all, it was good. Definately something to watch when there are no other movies to watch. I have a JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME movie at home I will probably watch tonight. It probably won't be something to talk about as most of his movies since TIMECOP have been B Rated movies.

Today is the first day of school for my boys. Of course, they didn't want to get up. We waited with them until school started and they just got into their teachers lines to go into school. It seemed like they were ready, but I am kind of worried for them as it is their first day, at a new school, just moved, and not knowing anyone. I hope it goes well for them.

Until tomorrow.

No comments: