Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh, there it is

Finally, last night, my pay finally shows up. Well, kind of. It shows I will get paid next Friday. Which means the postdated check I have out and a few bills due today, I will have to call and have them hold off for another week. Of course the good news also is my travel voucher is pending and that should be paid within the next 3 weeks.

Today is Friday which means it is a halfday for my boys. This school district is a little odd. They start Aug 4th. They get out May 22nd. Every Friday is a half day. The hours are 7:50-3:10. I remember when I went to school at their age it was school started the day after Labor Day, ended the last week of May, hours were 8:15-2:45, and we didn't get as many weeks off as my kids get. Well, as long as it does what it is supposed to I guess.

Still no new movies. My bank account has been in the negative for over a week due to having to get food and put gas in the car. So I can't use my card until it is in the positive and I have to wait a week for payday. Which means I have limited gas right now...maybe enough to go back and forth to work for 2-3 days next week. And I'll have to make what food we do have stretch for a week as well. I am sure many people have the same issues so why complain?

My wife and I are having our ninth anniversary next Friday (payday). Don't know if I will have any money after filling up the car with gas and paying the bills, but then again the next payday will be a week after that and my travel voucher will drop a few days after that.

Enough rambling. Have a good weekend.

No comments: