Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday feels like Monday

That is how I feel today. Although I have been working all week, it is that time of the month for drill. So I basically don't get a day off again until next Saturday. I have made arrangements with my Battalion to put me on orders through the end of December. After that, I will go into Recruiting. This way, I will be here to take care of things for the unit before it goes away, and I won't have to go to a 7 week school and miss 4 Birthdays; my son's, mine, my wife's and my daughter's. So in the long run, it will work out. Plus I will be here for the holidays.

This is a big step I will be taking and I am slightly nervous about it, but oh well. It is something I have been interested in doing and I won't know until I do it. Never had anything really handed to me so I guess I'll have to work at it to get what I want out of life. I have been in the Reserves for 10 years now with 3 years active duty. So if I stay AGR/Active Duty for 17 more years, I will retire the last day of my 20 years at 50 years old. It is a lot better than waiting until 62 to retire, because honestly, I don't think I'll live that long.

Haven't seen any new movies lately and probably won't rent any for another week or two. Still have a lot of other things on my plate right now that have to be taken care of.

No comments: