Monday, July 28, 2008

U-haul sucks

So here is the story. Last Monday, I reserved a trailer, enclosed, 10ft from U-haul that was within 3 miles of where I was moving from. I reserved it for Saturday. They told me not a problem, they had 5 or 6 of them. Friday, I get a call from a U-haul about 15 miles from where I am moving from saying I have to pick it up at their location. Ok, whatever. I go there Saturday morning, pay for it and the ball connection and everything and they tell me to go check it out for dents and scratches. Needless to say when I went out to look, I was baffled. These yahoos were giving me a flat open trailer. I told them I am moving from an apartment to a house and this would not work. They then told me they didn't have any enclosed trailer. So I drive to the one that I made the original reservation. They told me that most people get those trailers for one-way. That's what I reserved it for. He then proceeded to tell me there were none in the valley--yeah, right, try to cover your ass and make me spend more for a truck. Needless to say, I caused a scene, threw in the whole 'I need to be out this weekend' and 'I am in the military' bit. So I scheduled for a 14' truck for Friday this week and he gave me additional mileage at no cost and also lowered the rental by about $100. Which isn't bad as I left the place there was a sign that said reservation guaranteed or you get $50. Didn't want to press my luck.

I have 2 movies at home right now. MARTIAN CHILD with John and Joan Cusack. I plan on watching that one tonight. I forget the other one, but I may watch it tonight as well.

Most of my weekend was spent going through crap at the apartment. I still had stuff in boxes from when we moved out of our last house while I was deployed and stuff I had in storage. So, it was kind of useful as we consolidated and threw crap out. Going through that stuff it was like, why do we still have this? I mean old phones, printers, kids school papers that are outdated, trash and crap. Probably threw out 7-8 big boxes of useless crap. Including about 50-60 VHS tapes. I have them all on DVD now anyways and a lot of them were either cracked and busted or the tape from inside had been messed with by the children. My next biggest task is getting furniture for the house and finally get settled in. We have been sleeping on the floor for the last week and a half and it looks like I won't even be able to get a bed until about early September. It will be a posturepedic bed so I guess it will be worth it by then.

Well, that be it for now.

No comments: