Friday, July 25, 2008

FRIDAY Does Cometh

Finally Friday, which seems I hardly worked anyways this week. Had to take my oldest son to the dentist on Tuesday, so I worked a few hours. Yesterday I was only in for an hour since I had to take my oldest son to the eye doctor for an eye exam. Which he will be wearing glasses now.

The other night I watched RESERVATION ROAD with Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Ruffalo. This was a pretty good movie. Joaquin plays a dad of two when his oldest son is killed by a hit and run driver. Mark Ruffalo is a lawyer and the driver of the hit and run vehicle. This movie tells you up front who's who and who did what, but watching how it all unfolds is suspenseful.

Been reading/watching the news a lot lately. Now I will not say I am a true Republican or a true Democrat, because I am neither. Nor am I one of these people that follow politics with a fine comb. As I talk about political people with some friends, they go real in depth on things I didn't know or just don't care to.

To the point. I am for McCain. No, I'm not prejudice, nor is it because he was a war hero/POW. I don't fall victim for the ads and slash campaigns that are aired on tv and radio and across the internet. I just look at subtle signs. One thing that peeved me today is Obama going overseas. His overseas trip was to look in on Iraq and Afghanistan. What does he do? He sees the brass, high American officers at the base, but does not talk to the soldiers. He then continues to Europe to campaign? I thought he was running for President, not World leader. McCain at least talks to the soldiers. It's like going to a major corporation to hear pros and cons of what is happening and talking to the CEO. He's only going to tell you what he thinks you want to hear, not what is really going on.

Anyways, I could go on and on with that. People will vote for who they want and I am not here to persuade them, but let them know when things are not going the way as promised, they saw it coming.

No comments: