Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Good news and Bad news

Well, the good news is I got the call I have been waiting on. The bad news is evrything that follows. They first e-mailed me yesterday to accept or decline the position. I accepted it. They called today to accept or decline it. I accepted it. The problem, my rent was due 2 days ago. I have only paid a third of it so far. I have a thick stack of paperwork I have to fill out and mail back to them before June 17 and will start the week of June 21st as long as all the paperwork is turned in. Since they pay every two weeks, it would take 4 weeks to actually receive my first check, which would be around July 23rd. I also was told there is a sign in bonus. They were not sure if that would be paid before or with the first check. The problem...I still need to pay rent for this month as well as for July. In the meantime, my higher ups are trying to find a way to pay me to hold me over until I start the job.

The other good news is I called the two places I owe money for on my vehicles. They are willing to wipe out the past due on one vehicle and restart payments at the end of July without penalty. The other place is willing to accept half of the past due in July and te remainder in August to be caught up. So as of this time, they will not be coming after me. The other bad news....I haven't had insurance the last 6 months and both plates are suspended. They are my only means of transportation, so I have to be extremely careful.

I was wanting to go back to Indiana for the family reunion in July, but now it looks like I will not be able to. The only travel I have planned right now is two weeks to Germany in a couple of months. Other than all this, not much going on. Have all this paperwork to do.

No comments: