Friday, June 19, 2009

The Wait Is FINALLY Over

That's right, I received the call on Wednesday with my start/hire date. I start on Monday and will receive my bonus and first check around July 10th. This is great because I thought it was more like July 23rd and was able to hold off my landlord, creditors, and utilities until the end of July. You know what worked for me? I'll tell you, but it is a secret. I was honest. Yup, honesty does go a long way. This past month I explained that I have been out of work since Sep, I've been struggling to pay them all the way up until this point, I am expecting a job and be paid the end of July, my sister had helped me several times over and I can't keep asking family, etc. Just by being honest, they extended my payment with no extra charges, my cell was turned back on, and things finally came through.

But, don't let me forget the #1 reason: GOD. That's right, mom, I am publicly saying it. I have had many people pray for me and this job to include family, friends, church (yes, I do go to church), and myself. I honestly do believe God had a hand in this and possibly stretched it this long to see what I could do.

These past few weeks I really haven't done much since I don't have money and stuff. I have been watching this reality show called "I'm a celebrity: Get me out of here". Next week is the final week. It is awesome. You can go to NBC website and watch the episodes. I am rooting for either Lou Diamond Phillips, Patti B.(that chicago politician's wife), or Sanjaya to win. I would love for Stephen Baldwin to win, but I don't think he'll make it. Anyways, I can't wait to start getting paid so I can catch up on movies. I think I'll start with GRAN TORINO and the FRIDAY THE 13TH remake. I'll see once I start getting paid.

Well, that is it for now. Everyone should be caught up on my miserable life.

No comments: