Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week 1 of new job

Well, this week has been like all the other times I have come in to work. The difference is now I get paid for it. Can't wait for my first check so I know what I will be making. I have also been looking into the benefits that I need to enroll in like health, dental, and vision. It doesn't look too bad. It looks like it will all cost me abot $2-300 a month, but the coverage is better than I had when I worked for Staples. I need the vision since my oldest wears glasses and we don't know if the other two might need them. Plus my wife used to wear glasses until she had laser eye surgery before we were married, but of course now she is saying her vision sucks right now.

I am excited about actually being hired now because it means a lot of things. Like when I say something it gets done. I have and continue to meet my deadlines and the higher ups know it. So now when I say this needs to be done or I need this, they know it needs to happen for me to do my job. I have seen people in the past in this position use it to their advantage and sit on things and only take care of themselves. That or hold it over other Soldiers head to get them to do something. Me, I'm not like that. If I don't like you, it is on a personal side, but as long as you are a Soldier that belongs to me, I will take care of you. The way I see it, the quicker I get it done, the less I have to do later. If you put it off until later, the deadline approaches quickly and you fall behind.

Anyways, I am enjoying myself with this new job. Still waiting for that paycheck to catch up on bills and start getting ahead. I may even have a little extra money for when I go back to Indiana for the Family Reunion the end of July. I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't been to Indiana since Dec 2005 after I came back from Iraq, so it will be nice to go back and see everyone I didn't see then. Until next time.

1 comment:

spoiled princess said...

I don't remember seeing you in Dec. of 2005. What did u do come and avoid me LOL