Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Survived the 4th

Whew, it was a long weekend. We left Thursday after i got off work an headed to the FIL's in Northern AZ. About 5 hours to get there. Took all four dogs with us. Thankfully came home with three. I left my beagle with the FIL. Friday we drove to New Mexico to buy cigarettes and fireworks. It was worth it. I spend $50 on a carton here and in New Mexico, i found a place that sold cartons for $18. So I picked up 5 cartons. Should last for a while.

The sister-in-law stopped by on Saturday and brought her nuisance son. i say nuisance because I can not stand him...ever. We have had the pleasure of watching him in the past for a week at a time and he does nothing but start fights with my kids and say he is bored expecting us to entertain him the whole time. Anyways, my boys and him were walking around the 40 acres my FIL owns. My boys were walking through a ravine and n uisance was on top. Apparantly he thought it would be a great idea to try to start a landslide. The rock he threw ended up hitting my oldest in the head and cut it pretty good. no stitches needed, but we took care of it. I told nuisance's mother what happened and his father and they were like 'don't worry about it, it will be ok'. I was furious. I told the FIL what happened and he took nuisance for a walk and he came back crying. I did everything I could not to put my hands around his neck. If my kids had done something like that, their asses would be tanned.

Then, the SIL tries to make my oldest accept nuisances apology. I'm like heck no. You don't do something and be forced to apologize and expect the other person to accept it. Nuisance was supposed to stay two weeks at the FIL but I said if he stays, we leave. So he sent him home and said he could come back when we leave. I tell you what, I do not plan on going up there for any other holidays unless I know for sure that other family members will not be there. I don't go up there to hang out with other family members or babysit someone else's kids to give them a break, I go up there to get away and relax and spend time with the FIL.

I finally got my grade for my Literature class. I received a 98.52% overall for the class. I am now in a business ethics class and it seems to be going well, so far. Well, that wraps up my busy weekend. Now it is back to the daily grind.

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Missed you this weekend. Glad you had a safe trip. Can't believe you didn't call to tell me you were home safely! When did you get in? Congrats on the great score. I am so proud of you! How is Cody doing? I think I would have personally spanked nuisance's butt! How dare he hurt one of my grandchildren! Brat! Love you!!