Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Boycott B of A

I hate Bank of America. If I didn't have my auto loan through them I would close my account and go somewhere else. The other day, the orthodontist place accidentally deposited my postdated check three days early. B of A cashed it that day, causing an overdraft and six other charges to go in overdraft, thus creating 7 overdraft charges at $35.00 a pop. So now my account is negative $600+. I went to the orthodontists yesterday and calmly explained to them what happened. They were real apologetic and felt bad when they realized they deposited it too early. They did appreciate me being calm about it and I explained there was no use in getting angry, accidents happen. They asked if they could do anything and I asked if they could call the bank and explain it. Needless to say after an hour on the phone with B of A between me and her, B of A was trying to tell the merchant it was their mistake and they should deposit money into my account to cover their mistake or issue me a check. B of A was not responsible and they would not retract the overdraft charges due to someone else's mistake.

On top of that, a B of A representative tried telling me that post dating checks are illegal. oh, really, so when B of A calls me about my van payment and asks me to do a check over the phone for a specific date is not post dating? Shut the F up you bimbo. Anyway, long story short, B of A won't do a dang thing. I don't feel it is right for the orthodontist to pay me or put money in my account, even though it was their mistake. We did work out a deal that they will not charge me for my August and September payments. This was all for my son's braces and the check was for three months worth. This is the second time I have had this situation with B of A and all they care about is getting money any way they can to pay back their bail out money by stealing from their customers.

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I don't think B of A took any bail out monies. I know they were loaning money to Countrywide, before countrywide closed down, to the tune of about 2 billion.