Friday, August 28, 2009

Long week

It has been a long week as I come into work and there is hardly anything to do. I mean, anytime something comes up for me to do, I take care of it right away so I don't forget about it and miss the deadline. So once I finish what I need to do, I just sit here. Search the internet or whatever until something comes my way again. What sucks about it is I have to sit here all day even if there is not anything to do. I have left early before and had a call on my cell asking if I was still at work. 'Uh, no, I had to take my kids to an appointment'. I understand the whole work so many hours and get paid. I am no longer hourly as I am salary now. However, I have done this job for almost 8 months with no pay and my higher ups know it. So they don't give me too much flak over it.

Sister has invited me to nephews first Pop Warner football game, but it takes almost 2 hours to get on that side of town. That and my wife, kids, and I will be going to a little "water fun" thing at a park reserve by our house. Haven't really been able to do a lot with the family, especially the kids, since we have not had money in like forever. Even after having this job since mid-June, I will finally be caught up on all the bills by mid-September. It doesn't help when the electric Company raises their rates right before summer time in AZ where temperatures get over 110 and your monthly bill is over $300.

Any ways, just moaning about bills raising their prices every year to take more than what your yearly raise gives you. It doesn't help that we are a one income family.

Been watching a lot of movies lately as well. A HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT was pretty good. I LOVE YOU MAN was hilarious. LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT was stupid. THE X FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE was the lamest thing. 17 AGAIN was a great movie with Zac Efron and Mathew Perry. REVOLUTIONARY ROAD was boring...how is up for so many awards? Still have a few more to watch this weekend.

I still want to be able to go to the movies to see a few movies still in theater. GI JOE, TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, THE FINAL DESTINATION, and the new Rob Zombie film HALLOWEEN II.

Well, that is all I have today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last month my bill was $900. :(

Movies: try Sweet November..it's "ok" but not a tear jerker.

stuman said...

Yeah, I've seen that one. It was ok.