Saturday, August 22, 2009

Celebrate

Well, today marks the 10th Anniversary of my wife and I being married. Of course there are a lot of people who didn't think we would make it this far. I remember shortly after we were married, I had been drinking, and I had a few friends over that said I couldn't make it to 10 years. Well, you know how stupid people can get when they drink. So I bet each of them $1000 that I could make it to 10 years. After all, I was betting for love. Well, we wrote up individual agreements to pay and each of us signed it. Of course, one of them I no longer speak to and the other, well I doubt he'll pay up because his girlfriend never let's us see each other. Oh, well, I still have the satisfaction of knowing I won, and once again, I am right.

What do we have on tap today to celebrate? Nothing. Although I do have a job now, we just barely have caught up on all the bills and I am down to $20 to get me through next week in gas. However, while I was in Germany, I did pick up a bottle of wine. It is pronounced "Icevine". This particular wine is a seasonal wine made once a year. It is when the last of the grapes are frozen, they make a wine out of it. I picked it up in Germany for just under $20, but was told IF you can even find it in the States, it goes for $110-$140 a bottle. We'll see tonight if it was worth it.

I leave out in 2 weeks to head to Massachusettes to finish some Army training. That will be the last I have to travel until December. I am also looking into going back to school to get a degree. I am waiting for the college to get back to me at this time. Anyways, that is all that is happening in my world at this time.

No comments: