Thursday, September 17, 2009

Almost over

Here it is Thursday and I am almost done with this school. The last 3 days we spent out in the field. Weather was nice considering it rained most of the first week we were here, but it didn't rain while we were in the field. It got a little chilly at night, at least for me it was as I am used to AZ summer nights in the 90's, but it was in the 50's and 60's at night. All of our academic tests were done the first week and I passed with a 92.60%. I will be leaving Sat afternoon to return to AZ.

When I get back I have to get the car fixed, again. Before I left, I replaced the battery and now it seems like it is not getting any gas and just dies. This car has been giving me a lot of problems lately. I will finally be caught up on all my bills within the next couple of weeks. At least I will have everything current. Including having car insurance and my registration back on the vehicles.

I guess the family has been sick while I have been gone. It usually happens that when I leave, one of the kids get sick and then they pass it around. It is usually gone by the time I get home. Next week I have to go in for my annual medical and dental check ups for the military. At least now I am done with all of my military schools. In April next year, I will have to go to a 2 week course for my civilian job. I will also be leaving out for two weeks in Dec to go to Germany again.

I will be elgible to put my packet in for promotion to E-8/Master SGT by June next year. A lot of it depends on if the Commander will allow me to get promoted and stay in my position as we do not have any slots at our location for an E-8. Not sure if I want to do it just yet either as I still have 9 years to go. I re-enlist next Wednesday for indefinite. What that pretty much means is I will be in until retirement age. It's been good so far. That's about it for now.

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Is that the highest rank you can achieve? That why you not sure about putting it in for now?

stuman said...

no, I can go up to E-9 for enlisted. But after I get my Bachelor's degree I can get direct commissioned and become an officer and go through the O ranks.