Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grab the bull by its horns

With all the frustration waiting for this call it is hair-pulling. Yesterday I went in to the unit to take care of a few things and was talking to Retention about a few things. They asked if there was any word on the job yet and I caught them up to speed...which was, no call yet. They gave me a number to call about it. I called and left a message yesterday. This morning I received a call while I was in bed and returned the call after I dropped the boys off at school. Apparantly they told me the position was not open at this time. It is still showing a certain individual as being in that position that has been a medical holdover in WA since DEC 2005 when we came back from Iraq. I caught them up to speed on it and they told me they can not hire me as long as that person is in that position. So, now I am waiting for my 1SG to call me back so I can bring him up to speed about what is going on and see if we can get this ball rolling.

My next gripe is about the school I am supposed to attend in April. Yesterday I receive an e-mail saying I was disapproved for enrollment due to I have less than 24 months left after the class. My service obligation ends in July 2010 and would leave only 14 months left. I can not re-enlist until July this year because you can't re-enlist more than a year out. I sent an e-mail to higher p letting them know my intentions to re-enlist at the earliest possible convenience. Hopefully that will allow me to attend the school, otherwise, I will have to schedule the school after I re-enlist.

Not to mention I haven't been paid by the Army since Oct 2008. I have emptied my 401K, my TSP through the Army, and my taxes get returned on FEB 3, which will cover rent for 3 months and catch up on bills. I am just praying that things fall into place real soon. I did start going to church again this past Sunday. I found a church out here where I live that is very similar to the church I used to go to when I was younger. The srvice I went to maybe had 40-50 people attending, but they said they had about 130 in the first service which is held at a different location. They are about 1 1/2 year old church and just started a first service at a bar about 8 miles away, but their second service is at my boys grade school about a quarter of a mile away. So we walk to church and save on gas.

Well, I guess I am done complaining right now and will hopefully post some good news soon.

No comments: